Shiner Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of applicable legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation, as amended, (“Data Protection Laws”), the data controller is Shiner Ltd, 1700 Park Avenue, Aztec West, Bristol BS32 4UA.
Shiner has a data protection team that are contactable by email at GDPR@shiner.co.uk
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.shiner.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
In accordance with Data Protection laws, our legal basis for collecting and storing such personal information is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interest in running and promoting our business and portfolio of brands. Whilst Shiner does not routinely obtain consent as the legal basis upon which it stores and processes personal data, it will, if necessary, and to the extent required by Data Protection laws, obtain the consent of the data subject to hold and process personal information. If consent is provided it can be withdrawn by the data subject at any time.
Data will be stored in a range of different places; internally on our IT systems and externally with our website providers (Owtanet) / AWS (Amazon Web Services).
Why do we process personal data?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• We need to process data in order to respond to your contact form requests.
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
By using this website you agree that the third party resellers you contract with to provide goods may also use the information held about you to carry out their obligations arising from any contracts entered into between them and you.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Alternatively please email GDPR@shiner.co.uk
Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally, including with the Company Directors, the Sales, Marketing and IT teams.
Your data is processed with third parties such as our website provider and AWS to service your contact form requests.
They will process your data only under our instructions. Some of this information is securely stored outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). The transfer of your personal data is carried out in compliance with the guarantees provided by law.
We do not share your information with any other third parties.
How do we protect data?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed. All data is kept secure, with access limited only to those who require the data for the proper performance of their job roles.
Our current website provider is under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data. They have been selected after a rigorous evaluation process and chosen for their security, reliability and competence.
For how long do we keep data?
Your account information, once dormant, is stored internally on our IT systems for up to 7 years.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
• access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
• require us to change incorrect or incomplete data;
• require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
• object to the processing of your data where we are relying on our legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
• choose to opt out (unsubscribe) and no longer receive emails from us at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact GDPR@shiner.co.uk
If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner. Shiner is registered with the ICO, with registration number Z7821339.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
For more info, please visit our Cookies page.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Shiner Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.